Saturday, May 08, 2010

Isla Mujeres

This last week, we went on a little vacation to take a break from the real world and celebrate an early fourth anniversary. We spent the week on a seven-mile island called Isla Mujeres. This gem was found years ago by Albert's parents, and their stories/memories do not even do it justice. The place is gorgeous and was absolutely perfect for our get-away. Here are a few pics ...


On Tuesday, we took a golf cart to the other side of the island ... and stumbled upon a pool of sharks!! We found ourselves staring at this pool of sharks -- me, Albert, and a random Mexican. The conversation went something like this:

Albert: "I think I'm going to get in there."
Random Mexican: "I don't know about that, Ese."
Albert: "No, I think I am. They look like babies."
Random Mexican: "I don't think you should do that, Amigo."
Albert: "C'mon, they look friendly enough. Come with me."
Random Mexican: "Ese, you are loco."

And so goes the story -- he hopped right in, held the shark proudly, and even rubbed its belly. I'm thinking he had some keen Cuban insight and knew that these particular sharks weren't dangerous??! Cuban insight or not, it was unbelievable! (And made for some pretty great pics.)

7 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

You two are the best, "Ese, you are loco". Bwaaaahhaaaahahaaa. So funny.
Why Albert, you are one daring, risk taking guy. :) You and your American Idol skills.

These pictures are GORGEOUS! You guys look like you had a great time. I'm so glad the trip went well. I almost called yesterday to see how it went, but I wasn't sure when you came home?

Have a great week.

Charity said...

Looks dreamy! I can NOT believe Albert jumped in the water with the sharks. I really hope he knew something we didn't know or else he's crazy!

Shannon R said...

The pictures are awesome. I love the conversation Albert had with his little friend. I am so glad you guys had a blast. We are happy you are home we need to get together so we can hear all about it.

Julian said...

I bet Albert told the shark, "I'M A COP YOU IDIOT!!"

We definitely need to hang soon. We miss you guys............

Anonymous said...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!
SHARK LOVERS, OMG!!! THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE ON EARTH, LOVE YOU GUYS! MOM :)

Sandra Hill said...

That water brings back memories , it is so beautiful and peaceful there. I would love to go back! Looks like u guys had a great time! love ya! Talk to you soon.

RoddyG said...

Okay, conversation with the random Mexican is probably my favorite part of this whole excursion! Glad to see you two are doing well!